1. Turn pump off.
2. Turn multiport valve to backwash position. Push down on the handle to turn.
3. Open backwash gate valve or attach backwash hose ( if any ).
4. Turn pump on and run it for 2 minutes. Watch glass globe for water clarity
5. Turn pump off.
6. Turn multiport to rinse position.
7. Turn pump on and run it for 1 minute.
8. Turn pump off.
9. REPEAT steps 2 through 7 for 3 cycles
10. Turn multiport valve to filter position.
11. Close backwash gate valve (if any) & turn the pump on.
12. Add D.E. to the skimmer located closest to pump. Usually 3-5 lbs. Only use 2/3 of what the manufacturer recommends, as not all the DE is cleared from the inside of the filter, and it will accumulate and block the filter
13. Add D.E. to skimmer SLOWLY. Don’t CLOG it.
14. Check pool water level after backwashing – add more water if necessary!